Saturday, July 5, 2008

Rolling Stone Magazine




Coldplay - Viva la Vida. Illustration: Graham Smith for Rolling Stone Magazine, June 2008.

Senior Art Director: Steven Charny

I was stoked when Steven called and asked me to illustrate Coldplay for the Review section in Rolling Stone Magazine.

I drew each Coldplay member: Chris Martin, Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland and Will Champion on 11 x 14 inch paper using pen and ink. I used a regular pencil for the under drawings and inked right on top. To finish the illustration, I choose red, white and blue to match the theme of their new release, Viva La Vida. The CD's title appeared to be painted with bold brush strokes, so I used a bold brush stroke to color this illustration, continuing the theme.


1 comment:

shastin grace said...

Great work! Very inspiring! I love working with ink as well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails